Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Awards of All Kinds

I am thrilled and honoured to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by three new blog friends; Kerrie-Lee from Eternalicons , M from Two Beaches and a Lake and B from B is Building a House.

Liebster is a German word meaning "dearest" and the award is given to blogs with fewer than 200 followers.

The award acceptance has a few stipulations:

1.  Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it you.
2.  Reveal the five blogs you have chosen and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3.  Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4.  Request that people you have sent the award to forward it on to their favourite bloggers.

Here are the five blogs that I have chosen to nominate (which I found difficult to do as I am addicted to many, although some have a few too many followers for me to nominate):
 
1. Coastal Style Melissah's blog shares a variety of interests. I love a lot of the beautiful homes and decor she highlights in her posts. One day I would love my blog to look professional like hers.
 
2. Two Beaches and a Lakehouse I enjoy catching up on M's frequent posts about her upcoming build and decorating dreams. I look forward to continuing to follow her journey.
 
3. Eternal Icons Kerrie-Lee's blog is another fave. She talks about lots of interesting goings on in her life and her honesty and ability to share ups and downs helps you feel a connection to her. Plus we have quite similar taste I think.
 
4. B is Building a House B is an extremely active blogger who constantly invites people's opinion on decisions she is making on her new build. She has lovely taste and I have enjoyed watching her journey.
 
5. Georgica Pond In this blog I dream about my build in 'another life'. I will probably never build/renovate in this style, but I do love it and have enjoyed seeing this talented lady piece together the aspects of her new home.
 
So, duties are carried out. Thank you to all of my followers. I do follow lots of smaller blogs, written solely about their build process, as well as much larger ones that also inspire me daily. One day I would love to transform this blog to be something a bit more special, but I am loving meeting new blog friends and sharing 'The Journey'.
 
As an aside, I need to brag a little about another AWARD. My children had their annual presentation evening for school yesterday and my son, Connor, received an award. These days it is frowned upon, in some forums, to brag about/celebrate your children's achievements, but the blogging community is so kind, I feel I can maybe get away with it...yes?
Here is my proud boy

Maya received a certificate for finishing kindy

Just a little pleased with themselves
 
I think children who work hard should feel very proud of themselves. They don't always need a 'special' award to acknowledge their achievements, but sometimes it is nice. Connor received his for improved confidence and initiative. He is quite a smart kid but is very sensitive and his teachers have worked very hard to bring out his best. Proud of him:)

Every morning, on my drive to work, I have lots of odd thoughts that pop into my head. I think they'd be great to chat about on here (hopefully not too trivial and boring). Of course, when I come to sit down at night, I forget everything I thought about! Hopefully when I start my holidays next week, and life slows down, I will remember my thoughts for longer than 2 seconds and share with you.

Chat again soon friends,
Cheers
Kylie



9 comments:

  1. Gosh, thanks so much for the award & the sweet words - I'm really flattered _ I'm just racing out but I will back to check it out in more detail but I just had to say thanks!
    x
    Melissah from Coastal Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie... am so humbled by your kind words in this post. I have recently received this award and I nominated you! I think the idea is for you to nominate 5 others that haven't had the privledge yet to 'pass on the batton' so to speak!? Am glad to pass on the Vitamix recommendation too.... am still to try my baby out, expect a post when I do!!! LOL!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry...missed this before, but where is it frowned upon to brag / be proud of your child's achievement? Bah Humbug... Ptthttt (that's moi trying to spell a tongue hanging out, wet, drooling rhasberry!)Congrats Maya & Conner!!! You rock!!!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crap. Ooops. Sorry, Connor!
    x o KL

    ReplyDelete
  5. KL, I kinda thought that was the idea...oops. I was just struggling to pick blogs I read often at the moment. A number I have enjoyed reading about their build (whilst I was building and what led me down this path) have slowed right down on their posting, whilst others are simply too big. 2 more of my noted blogs were pre-nominated too. Ok, I'd better find away to fix this...don't want to get a bad rep for spoiling the spirit of the Liebster. I'll need a touch more time to fix it.

    And thanks for your blessing re: a parents right to brag:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. High fives to your little peeps!

    I'm actually really disappointed seeing all these people having presentation nights, as our school has no such thing - I so wish we did! We have weekly awards and of course, all things sporty are celebrated, but nothing academic and nothing officially official, if that makes sense. Mission for next year: Improve student recognition at our school. Rant over.

    Thanks for sharing, Kylie, and for the Liebster Award, too. I'm really enjoying this little community we've got going around these parts.

    Look forward to 'seeing you around' more once the holidays kick off for you. We're already half-way through week two!!

    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are such cuties Kylie :)

    Thanks for the award :)

    "an extremely active blogger who constantly invites people's opinion on decisions she is making on her new build"

    *shy* I must be really annoying :(

    B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kylie - wow, thank you so much for nominating me for a Leibster award, how lovely of you. So gad you enjoy the blog. We moved in yesterday so I have just unearthed by computer and trying to catch up between unpacking boxes. Many thanks again, I'm looking forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your little ones achievements. Big or small I do firmly believe that we need to acknowledged and celebrate achievements and milestones in some way or the other, it doesn't have to cost a fortune. It can be something small like a picnic lunch instead of a lunch at home.
    We took our children out for lunch on Saturday to celebrate "the end" off everything that they have finished by this time of the year, such as ballet concerts, all the reading nights, Kinder, end of school, swimming and you name it. They loved it. We are so proud of them and you should be so proud of your little once too. :-)
    Congrats again!
    // Anette :-)

    ReplyDelete