I am thrilled and honoured to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by three new blog friends; Kerrie-Lee from Eternalicons , M from Two Beaches and a Lake and B from B is Building a House.
Liebster is a German word meaning "dearest" and the award is given to blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
The award acceptance has a few stipulations:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it you.
2. Reveal the five blogs you have chosen and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Request that people you have sent the award to forward it on to their favourite bloggers.
Here are the five blogs that I have chosen to nominate (which I found difficult to do as I am addicted to many, although some have a few too many followers for me to nominate):
1. Coastal Style Melissah's blog shares a variety of interests. I love a lot of the beautiful homes and decor she highlights in her posts. One day I would love my blog to look professional like hers.
2. Two Beaches and a Lakehouse I enjoy catching up on M's frequent posts about her upcoming build and decorating dreams. I look forward to continuing to follow her journey.
3. Eternal Icons Kerrie-Lee's blog is another fave. She talks about lots of interesting goings on in her life and her honesty and ability to share ups and downs helps you feel a connection to her. Plus we have quite similar taste I think.
4. B is Building a House B is an extremely active blogger who constantly invites people's opinion on decisions she is making on her new build. She has lovely taste and I have enjoyed watching her journey.
5. Georgica Pond In this blog I dream about my build in 'another life'. I will probably never build/renovate in this style, but I do love it and have enjoyed seeing this talented lady piece together the aspects of her new home.
So, duties are carried out. Thank you to all of my followers. I do follow lots of smaller blogs, written solely about their build process, as well as much larger ones that also inspire me daily. One day I would love to transform this blog to be something a bit more special, but I am loving meeting new blog friends and sharing 'The Journey'.
As an aside, I need to brag a little about another AWARD. My children had their annual presentation evening for school yesterday and my son, Connor, received an award. These days it is frowned upon, in some forums, to brag about/celebrate your children's achievements, but the blogging community is so kind, I feel I can maybe get away with it...yes?
Here is my proud boy
Maya received a certificate for finishing kindy
Just a little pleased with themselves
I think children who work hard should feel very proud of themselves. They don't always need a 'special' award to acknowledge their achievements, but sometimes it is nice. Connor received his for improved confidence and initiative. He is quite a smart kid but is very sensitive and his teachers have worked very hard to bring out his best. Proud of him:)
Every morning, on my drive to work, I have lots of odd thoughts that pop into my head. I think they'd be great to chat about on here (hopefully not too trivial and boring). Of course, when I come to sit down at night, I forget everything I thought about! Hopefully when I start my holidays next week, and life slows down, I will remember my thoughts for longer than 2 seconds and share with you.
Chat again soon friends,