Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Evening

It's official; Friday afternoon, at precisely wine O'clock, is my favourite time of the week. (except when my 2 children have their inevitable 'I'm tired at the end of the week' fight)! Sitting outside, trying to enjoy the peace and quiet between the neighbour mowing his lawns and my pool filter clicking on, it is a nice prospect having a whole weekend ahead of me.

Wine and pistachios this arvo:)


We have a busy one ahead. I am planning on...going to my boxing class at 7am (I've been M.I.A the last couple of weeks), picking up some - but not all - of my things from the framers, taking Maya to her swimming lesson, having some river stones delivered for the gardens - and then hauling them into place, going to a long overdue trip the the hairdresser, taking Maya to a birthday party (after shopping for the present), taking kids to their grandparents for a sleepover, dressing up as a 'Geisha Girl' for our friends 40th 'G' for Grant party, grocery shopping, mowing the lawn, preparing lunch and tidying the house, entertaining 3 families for the rest of the day...sound exhausting? I agree! Should be fun though (hopefully)!

It's been a big week at work too. We had the year 6 farewell last night. I danced with the kids to the latest doof doof music like i was one of them...and had a ball! Today we had our annual presentation ceremony. So proud of all the kids. I get emotional when kids I've taught get voted prefects, captains, friendship & citizenship and dux of the school (2 years running now!) Just like to think I had a tiny part in getting them there. Amazingly talented kids.

Maya had her end of year kindergarten concert - a cute nativity play and Christmas carols. She was proud to be a 'reader' in the play (and a duck) and had the cutest bottom wiggle - stealing the show - for Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer!!



And check out this mini video on the link below: (that's her in the front row with jeans on if you can pick her out!)

One of mine and my kids favourite things to do this time of year is make our 'Nigella Lawson' Christmas biccies. They are delish! We decided that we will try our best to fit in making a batch for our visitors on Sunday. I set the kids about finding our chrissy cookie cutters... success, they were found! (I wasn't confident after the move!)


So, what have you all got planned for the weekend ahead? it's such a hectic time of year! The next couple of weekends are just as scary for us! Chill out time afterwards:)

Fingers crossed for decent weather! Tired of the below par start to summer (I'm sure those of you still building are too!)

Cheers
Kylie

4 comments:

  1. That's one busy weekend! :)

    We are going to my parents for lunch on Sunday. Other than that... Just regular house stuff :(

    Wish our house was finished... And I'm still Jelaous of your pool :)

    Have an amazing weekend!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...and I'm buggered before it's even started. I do love sitting by the pool...if only it was a little warmer! I've just tried adding a youtube link of my daughters concert too...not sure if it worked though:) B, your house is lovely and will be completed before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Friday evening looks glorious, Kylie! I hope you are feeling okay after your boxing class this morning. I'm still struggling after my workout on Thursday, and now it's time for another today!!

    Just letting you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, if you'd like it.

    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie,
    I have awarded you the Liebster Award, a little recognition for blogs with under 200 followers. I love following your blog and hope others will too!
    Have a great weekend.
    x KL
    There's more information about the award on my blog here:
    http://eternalicons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete